Frequently Asked Questions
If you need further assistance or just want to say hello,
we're only a screen away at
What is Nutrimedy?
Nutrimedy is a novel web-based platform for HIPAA compliant video-visits, communication in between visits, scheduling, billing, automated appointment reminders to reduce no-shows, visit documentation, secure file exchange, dietary logs, member community and much more! Through Nutrimedy, we offer our Dietitians the convenience and flexibility to grow their online practices from the comfort of home and improve longitudinal follow-up with clients essential to lasting behavioral change.
How much does it cost me and my clients?
If your application as a Registered Dietitian is accepted, Nutrimedy is free to sign up and free to stay on the platform in our growing network! Nutrimedy is currently also free for clients to sign up and to stay on the platform. In order for clients to book Dietitian video visits, they must reserve appointments through credit card payment.
How much do I make working through Nutrimedy?
Registered Dietitians receive 80% of the visit fee while the remaining 20% goes to support our platform. If you are part of one of Nutrimedy's specific programs you will be notified if payment differs from this model.
Does insurance cover telenutrition video visits through Nutrimedy?
Given current wide variation of insurance coverage for telenutrition in the United States, Nutrimedy is best set up for self-pay clients. You can provide a superbill to your clients via secure document exchange in Nutrimedy Messaging and a Nutrimedy-specific superbill is in development.
Does Nutrimedy bring me new clients beyond the clients I bring onto to the platform?
At Nutrimedy, we are working hard every day to bring new clients to our selected Dietitians and have exciting updates to share in the coming months about this! Nutrimedy is presently best set up for Dietitians bringing new or current self-pay clients to connect with them via their own personal websites, social media, email invites, or clinical practices. It's certainly not requisite to have your own Private Practice set up yet. In fact we feel that Nutrimedy provides a great option for individuals delving into the online care space given there's no overhead to hang up a virtual shingle on Nutrimedy! We're here to help you promote your online practice at email@example.com
Can I work with clients from all over the United States?
Based on the current U.S. telehealth laws which Nutrimedy is engineered to comply with, clients can only access Dietitians that are licensed in the state where a client lives. Each Dietitian needs their own professional liability policy which covers telehealth practice of which most plans currently do.
Is there a minimum number of hours I need to be available to work with clients on Nutrimedy?
At Nutrimedy, you choose your schedule availability based on what fits with your busy life! There is no minimum number of hours of required.
How long are Dietitian video appointments?
Initial visits are 50 minutes and follow-up visits are 25 minutes. Electronic medical intake and dietary logging gets pushed to clients before the first visit to help optimize efficiency! Nutrimedy Dietitians may choose what rate they charge for initial and follow-up appointments.
Is an iOS or Android App for Nutrimedy currently available?
We're very excited to announce that our Nutrimedy App for mobile devices is currently in development and slated for release in 2017! While our App is cooking, desktop and laptop computers as well as Android phone and tablets (Android OS - with Chrome Browser) are fully supported. If you'd like to be among the first group of beta-testing users for Nutrimedy App, you can let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the technical specs for my clients and I to use Nutrimedy?
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer (can be PC Windows or Mac OS)
Video: Web camera (internal or external)
Audio: Computer microphone, speakers or headset
Internet: High-speed internet connection (minimum requirement is 350kbps for high quality video conferencing)
Supported Devices: While Nutrimedy App is in development, desktop and laptop computers as well as Android phone and tablets (Android OS - with Chrome Browser) are fully supported. However iOS iPhones and iPads are not supported at this time. Once Nutrimedy App is complete, all devices will be supported.
Supported Browsers: Chrome (preferred), Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 9 and above. The Nutrimedy Dashboard is not supported by Safari for video visits.
Have a question that's not on this Dietitian FAQ List?
We're here to help at email@example.com!